Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day #10


Day #10
Today was “One of those days.” Ever had one of those?

Here was my morning.

8:30AM
Me:  Come on Roman(my 3yr old.) Let’s go—we are actually going to be on time to Bible Study!
Roman:  I want marshmallows.
Me:  Maybe later. Get in the car please.
Roman: I want a lollipop.
Me: Maybe later. Let’s go.
Roman from the backseat: Can we have ice cream with sprinkles? What about cake? I like those one candies that look like treasure. Can I have those?
We get in the car…I check my coat pocket for my keys…Where are my keys? So I run inside and check the counter, other coat, jacket, yesterday’s clothes, purse, another purse, another purse(I like purses-don’t judge,) couch, table, computer desk, bathroom #1, bathroom #2, Roman’s Room, Jackson’s room, laundry room, my dresser, etc, etc, etc.
Roman yelling from the car: I want jelly beans.
Roman still yelling from the car: No, I mean I want syrup and maybe some pancakes. (Can you tell he is deprived of all the “good” things in life?)

Needless to say we were stranded. No keys. No back-up keys. No phone(My cell phone in the process of getting fixed. ) No back-up phone (I haven’t had a home phone in like….yeah too long to remember.) So I sat. Maybe I shed a tear or two. Had a little pity party of one. Just bummed that it didn’t work out the way I wanted it to. Why did this have to ruin my day? IT DIDN’T! I reevaluated. Ok, it had been nearly an hour (cringe)since I had started looking for the keys, but I still had a lot of day left and I figured we could still be productive at home. I started cleaning up the house and learned something very important: The BEST place to hide your keys is under your spouse’s pillow in the bed!

Moral of the story: Give your child the Marshmallow when he asks for it!
(I’m just kidding, we still haven’t found the “Key hider” culprit…yet!)

My total calories for the day tallied up to 1215.
Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories
Cream,
Breakfast
1
Tablespoon
50
Almonds, Coco Roast
Breakfast
0.5
Ounce
75
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled)
Lunch
0.333
Pound
195
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Lunch
2
Each
50
Baby Spring Mix
Lunch
2
Cups
10
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
45
Cabbage, Shredded, Cooked
Dinner
2
Cups
69
Onion, Yellow, Chopped
Dinner
0.5
Cup
32
Chicken Breast, Skinless, Cooked
Dinner
1
Each
142
Peas, Green, Cooked
Dinner
0.25
Cup
34
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Dinner
2
Each
50
Soy Sauce, Low Sodium
Dinner
2
Tablespoons
10
Oil, Sesame
Dinner
0.333
Tablespoon
40
Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin
Dinner
0.5
Tablespoon
60
Fit Frappe
Snacks
1
Scoop
60
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy
Snacks
1.5
Tablespoons
143
Almonds, Coco Roast
Snacks
1
Ounce
150

Perfect time to dig up this ol' Marquee! 

I ended up (sadly) missing Bible Study, but Roman and I had a delightful day! I had an awesome HIIT workout and went ahead and added in my 30 push-ups, just to stay savvy!

What is HIIT? It stands for High Intensity Interval Training. It combines bursts of high intensity activity with segments of low(er) intensity activity; like running as fast as you possibly can for 1 minute and then walking for 2 minutes and then repeating. (One of the best things is you don’t actually have to RUN. You could raise the incline on your treadmill, or turn up the resistance on a bike, elliptical, etc.) Another thing about HIIT is that you don’t have to spend 45 minutes to an hour doing cardio! 20 minutes is sufficient enough to burn fat, calories and increase your aerobic capacity. Research shows you can achieve more progress in a mere 15 minutes of HIIT (done three times a week) than someone who jogs on the treadmill for an hour.
I use my heart rate as a speedometer and alternate between 80% of my *max (1-minute) and 60% (2-minutes.) I continue rotating for 20 minutes. Get a Heart Rate monitor! It will change your workout! We’ve got them at Premier Fitness or you can find them at other retailers. Feel free to use all those saved minutes of cardio for shopping! *The easiest way to find your max heart rate is by taking 220 and subtracting your age.

Try a HIIT workout and report back to me!
I hope your hump day didn’t have as big of a hump as mine did!
Blessings-
Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment