Saturday, March 23, 2013

Lucky #13!


Day #13
Ever wanna make yourself feel special and take your mind off of food. Buy flowers. Fresh pretty flowers on your table. Nothing better. (In my humble opinion.) Whenever I go to the grocery store, I always make a bee-line to the floral department. I know exactly where they stash their “Discounted” flowers! The flowers I purchase have a good week and a half to two weeks left in them. So for $3.99 I got a dozen roses and a bunch of Alstroemeria. Pretty, eh?


Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories
Cream
Breakfast
1
Tablespoon
50
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Breakfast
2
Each
50
Egg, Hard Boiled, Whole, Large
Breakfast
1
Each
78
Bacon, Cooked
Breakfast
2
Pieces
87
Coffee, Brewed
Breakfast
16
Fluid ounces
5
Beef, Top Sirloin Steak, Sirloin
Lunch
3
Ounces
218
Pea Pods, Sugar Snap, Whole
Lunch
1
Cup
26
Cheese, Gouda
Lunch
0.5
Ounce
50
Baby Spring Mix
Lunch
2
Cups
10
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
45
Peppers, Bell, Red, Sweet
Lunch
0.25
Cup
12
Fit Frappe
Snacks
1
Scoop
60

MmmmmmK. Guess what today is? CHEAT DAY!!!! YAY! Well, at least the beginning of one. (Notice there is NO DINNER on that calorie count.) That’s because I choose NOT to count calories while I’m blatantly cheating! Up until dinner, I had done well…only 691 Calories!  My dinner consisted of pizza, wine, and mint cookies (not particularly in that order.) I blogged about having a “eat whatever you want” day once every 10-14 days here, well, today was THAT day! I pulled out the notes section in my trusty phone and noticed wine, pizza, wine, pizza, mint cookies (I took them to Bible study and didn’t get to eat any…I saved a few in my freezer…Way to plan ahead Trisha!) 

Even though it was a cheat day, I'm still guilty...I totally killed my workout! I did my circuit program and finished up in 35 minutes. Don't let anyone say you have to workout for 2 hours to get great results--

What is your favorite cheat food?

Blessings to you!
Trisha

2 comments:

  1. hmmmmm. my comment was showing up twice so I deleted it once. Well I thought I deleted it once. It's showing up deleted twice. There was nothing WRONG with the comment! Trying again...

    Girl. Over at the Love/Hate Relationship group we prefer to call it a "treat" not a "cheat". Every once in a while you just DESERVE to indulge a little. If one day it happens to be food, do it, get over it and get on with it. But we thinks we should still journal it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand indulgence. It totally makes sense if I were counting calories and I was just doing this to indulge myself. My "cheat" was a very planned "cheat" though. I did journal it as far as writing down what I ate, but I did not measure it. I'm trying to consume a BUNCH of calories to knock my body out of whack. It takes 3-4 days to recover, but really helps reset my metabolism.

    I struggle. Trust me. I do. (Candy is probably my biggest Nemesis...it's EVERYWHERE!) My will power reaches an extreme high during my 6-8 week programs. Any indulgence of sugar/bread/grains during my program would send me back into last week! I can't just take a bite here and there. My "cheat/treat" day (call it what you will) is VERY planned approximately every 2 weeks!

    So, I agree with you (mostly)--If you are just counting calories, it is a must that you write down any "once in a while" indulgence (measured and all)!

    ReplyDelete