Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day #6- Mindless Munching


Day #6

Saturday. A day where the whole family is together.  It can get a little chaotic; being the lone-girl among a sea of boys. It’s probably the day I struggle the most with no sugar! Where I wish I could sip on a glass of wine in the evening when the kids are in bed; discuss life and all that lies ahead with my super-hot husband …but I digress. It does remind me of a quote though. (It was even good enough to make the Marquee!)
Don’t give up what you want MOST for what you want NOW!

It’s so VERY powerful. You should commit it to memory. It can be applied to many different situations and goals; everything from your diet to your finances. 

So today I chose to do other things instead of eat sugar and meaningless calories.
Things I do when I want to eat, but I know I’m not hungry. Just bored.
-Take a walk
-Read my Bible
-Do laundry
-Go work out
-Take a Nap
-Drink a glass of water
-Go outside
-Take a shower
-Play a game
-Clean a bathroom
-Read a book
-Plan a vacation
-Brush my teeth
-Drink a diet ginger-ale
-Plan my garden
-Do 10 Push-ups
-Shopping anyone?

…Speaking of push-ups.  (Not that we were, but that was my attempt at a segue.) Practice your push-ups ladies! I’m not sure if this is scientific or just AWESOME, but here I am as a woman, mom, 30-something, wife, sister and daughter telling you how powerful you will feel once you can do 30 REAL PUSH-UPS!  ESPECIALLY at parties... I don’t know about you, but how fun would it be to throw down 30 push-ups and challenge your spouse/significant other/friends? Here is how I got started. Begin from your knees. Try to do 3 sets of 10. (In “non- fitness lingo”-do 10 push-ups  rest 30 seconds, do 10 more, rest 30 seconds, and then do 10 more!) Once you feel you have mastered that, try doing 5 push-ups from your toes and five from your knees… repeat 3 times! Continue to challenge yourself by adding more push-ups from your toes and less from your knees. Incorporate it into your current fitness regimen and you will be so glad you did (and so will the "girls").  LIGHTBULB! (said in my best "Despicable Me" voice)- I just figured out why I don't get invited to parties. Ok, maybe do this at parties at your own risk of not getting invited back!

Ramble much? I do. :)

Ok-Back from Random Land. Overall, despite my crankiness for wine-I did great! I got a SUPER 30-minute circuit workout in first thing in the morning and gobbled up 1231 calories for the day.
Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories
Cream,
Breakfast
4
Tablespoons
80
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Breakfast
2
Each
50
Egg, Hard Boiled, Whole, Large
Breakfast
1
Each
78
Bacon, Cooked
Breakfast
2
Pieces
87
Coffee, Brewed
Breakfast
16
Fluid ounces
5
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite)
Lunch
0.333
Pound
195
Baby Spring Mix
Lunch
2.5
Cups
13
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
45
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Lunch
1
Each
25
Cabbage, Shredded, Cooked
Dinner
1.5
Cups
52
Onion, Yellow, Chopped
Dinner
0.25
Cup
16
Chicken Breast, Skinless
Dinner
1
Each
142
Peas, Green, Cooked
Dinner
0.25
Cup
34
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Dinner
1
Each
25
Soy Sauce, Low Sodium
Dinner
1
Tablespoon
5
Almonds, Coco Roast
Snacks
1
Ounce
150
Fit Frappe
Snacks
1
Scoop
60
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy
Snacks
1
Tablespoon
95
Almonds, Coco Roast
Snacks
0.5
Ounce
75

And onto a little business housekeeping. Because I don't want anyone to miss ANYTHING- If you haven’t already, please “Like” the Premier Fitness Facebook Page. (We put great stuff there, like our awesome “marquee posts,” newsletters  and real scientific studies and such!) Also, visit our website www.PremierFitnessOnline.com and sign up to receive our newsletters (right side on home page); they are also very informative.  If you are into that kind of thing. :) 

What about you? Are there any tips you have to avoid mindless munching?
Have a Beautiful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment