Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day #9- Es taco Martes en casa de Trisha!

Day #9
It’s Taco Tuesday @ Trisha’s again! Que Pasa! Las fajitas son caliente! Me llamo es Trisha. Donde es el bano? Ok, that’s all the Spanish I know. Don’t tell me you’re not impressed! It’s fun to have a specific day set aside for a specific type of food. That way, there is no room for…What are we having for dinner tonight? You could have Mexican Mondays or Fiesta Fridays or Salsa Saturdays, I think I could do this all day. I’ll stop now.

My workout for today was a heart-pumping, full body 30 minute circuit workout! (I got my 30 push-ups in too!)
My current circuit workout:
(5-Min)Warm-up. Today I walked the stairs (2 at a time because that’s good for my little buns!)
(30 Min)Approx 30-35 Seconds on each exercise; completed in a round (3x’s each) Rest 30 seconds after completing section #1, #2 and #3.
1st - Incline biceps, seated rows & alternating split squats
2-5 Minutes of Cardio (I did the stairs)
2nd -  1.5 LBT’s (High five to the first person who comments and says what LBT stands for!),  front and side shoulder raises & tricep press down
2-5 Minutes of Cardio
3rd – Abs on Bosu, Push-ups, 70% Hamstring Hold, & Side Crunches.
(5 Min) Finish with a Stretch!

I hope that made some kind of sense.  Questions?

My total calories for the day hit almost right on the money at 1252. I've had some people ask, "Is that really everything you eat?" It is. Exactly. Remember the whole "transparency" thing?!?! :o) Try out this technique!

Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories
Cream
Breakfast
1.5
Tablespoons
75
Peanut Fudge Granola Bar
Breakfast
1
Each
210
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled)
Lunch
5
Ounces
183
Baby Spring Mix
Lunch
2.5
Cups
13
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
45
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Lunch
1
Each
25
Swiss Spreadable Cheese
Lunch
1
Serving
50
Guacamole, Spicy
Dinner
2
Tablespoons
54
Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded
Dinner
0.25
Cup
114
Ground Beef, 90% Lean
Dinner
3.5
Ounces
215
Sauce, Mild, Taco, Original
Dinner
1
Tablespoon
10
Baby Spring Mix
Dinner
2.5
Cups
13
Fit Frappe
Snacks
1
Scoop
60
Baking Cocoa, 100% Pure
Snacks
1
Tablespoon
15
Almonds, Coco Roast
Snacks
0.5
Ounce
75
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy
Snacks
1
Tablespoon
95

Oh and here is a little secret I forgot to mention. If I ever get a hankerin’ for something naughty to eat…ie. Donuts, pizza, bread, cookies, wine, sugar, sugar, sugar…I write it down in the notes section of my phone.  Every 10-14 days, I allow myself 1 day to eat whatever I want. HENCEFORTH-The notes section of my phone; I go back and eat whatever I wrote down. I don’t recommend eating until you are sick, but a day (or some people do better with just one or two meals) to reset your metabolism and knock your body out of routine is just what is needed to take you to the next level. HEAR ME NOW, LISTEN TO ME LATER---This is ONLY done once every 10-14 days, just to clarify…like one day every 2 weeks.  Redundant much?

What did your workout consist of today? 

Have a Blessed Day!
Trisha

2 comments:

  1. I could do Mexican Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, Fiesta Fridays AND Salsa Saturdays.. Might as well make it Salsa Sundays too! I do love me some Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not kidding! I could (and do) put guacamole on EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete