Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day #3 -- Self-Control


Day #3
First day of real temptation. I get to go to bible study and these wonderful women bring all sorts of delicious concoctions; of course every kind of bread and danish and stuffed French toast you could ever imagine! But I brought my breakfast bar along, munched on it and was optimistically satisfied! (Thank goodness it tastes like a Butterfinger!) Wednesday night used to be make a pizza night…but not for the next 7 weeks! It was a beautiful evening, so instead we grilled out delicious hamburgers, with swiss cheese and spicy guacamole! Yummy-delish! Today I did 35 minutes on the elliptical. I tried to use my heart rate as a guide. Going very high intensity (80% of my max heart rate) and recovering every 2-4 minutes. It’s quite effective! I also watched Food Network while I “Ellipticized” DON’T JUDGE! I love cooking. I love learning about cooking. It makes no sense that I watch it while I exercise though-but I did. Like I said, No judging! J My total calorie consumption for the day was 1280. I went a little over my 1250 limit, (probably Food Network’s fault) but I’m not going to let it get me down! My content for the last 3 days has overall been very good.


Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories

Cream,
Breakfast
4
Tablespoons
80

Peanut Fudge Granola Bar
Breakfast
1
Each
210

Chicken Fillets (Mesquite)
Lunch
3
Ounces
110

Baby Spring Mix
Lunch
3
Cups
15

Bacon, Cooked
Lunch
0.5
Piece
22

Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Lunch
1
Each
25

Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
45

Swiss Cheese
Dinner
1
Serving
80

Ground Beef, 90% Lean
Dinner
0.333
Pound
328

Beans, Green
Dinner
1.5
Cups
51

Guacamole, Spicy
Dinner
2
Tablespoons
54

Fit Frappe
Snacks
1.5
Scoops
90

Peanut Butter, Natural
Snacks
1
Tablespoon
95

Almonds, Coco Roast
Snacks
0.5
Ounce
75

As I get settled in to my new routine, there are some moments when I have to remind myself what my goals are. Why am I doing this? What is my reason? Well....my wonderful husband and I (and our 2 children) are going on a vacation. WOWZA!! A real 7-day vacation! I want to look and feel my best. I know we will take many pictures and I want to be able to look back at those and be proud of myself.   I have to be honest…this program does take self-control. But during my latest bible study, I was asked to review the fruits of the spirit. You know what? Self-control was one of them! That has given me the inspiration and motivation to keep pushing forward. Thank you Jesus!

What is your goal? Your motivation? Your reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment