Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day #4 - Thirsty Thursday


Day #4
WOW. It’s already Thursday. (I usually find myself saying this.  Sometimes it feels like I blink and the week is almost over.) Thursdays are typically a very busy day! Lots of great things I get to do. Work, Play (run children all over tar-nation) and go to Bible Study!

Thirsty Thursday? I haven’t mentioned much about water…Water is so vital to our bodies. Did you know water COMPLETES the fat burning process? Well it does!! Water carries the fat out of our bodies though our sweat and urine. Caffeinated beverages dehydrate (remove water) from our bodies. So, for every caffeinated beverage I drink (ie. Coffee with cream) I try to match with a glass of water! That way, I’m continuing to re-hydrate and flush the fat from my body!  

My total calorie consumption for today was 1244. I taught a 55 minute ZUMBA class, so I get to count that as my exercise! YAY for ZUMBA!

Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories
Cream,
Breakfast
2
Tablespoons
40
Fit Frappe
Breakfast
1
Scoop
60
Peanut Fudge Granola Bar
Breakfast
1
Each
210
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite)
Lunch
3
Ounces
110
Baby Spring Mix
Lunch
3
Cups
15
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Lunch
1
Each
25
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
45
Swiss Cheese
Dinner
1
Serving
80
Ground Beef, 90% Lean
Dinner
0.25
Pound
246
Beans, Green
Dinner
1
Cup
34
Guacamole, Spicy
Dinner
2
Tablespoons
54
Bacon, Cooked
Dinner
1
Piece
43
Baby Spring Mix
Dinner
3
Cups
15
Bacon, Cooked
Snacks
0.5
Piece
22
Pickle- Dill spear
Snacks
2
Servings
0
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy
Snacks
1
Tablespoon
95
Almonds, Coco Roast
Snacks
1
Ounce
150

I had one of those delicious leftover hamburgers for dinner! In case you can’t tell by all the ingredients…It was a cheesy, bacon, guacamole burger! (My mouth re-waters as I type that out!)  I ate extra early because I have a ladies bible study in the evening (which is absolutely fantastic) but I had to make sure I wasn’t the slightest bit hungry or I might have broken down and eaten a “treat!” With the current diet program, I’m trying to stick as closely to primal/ketogenic as possible; meaning no carbohydrates (unless they are mostly green veggies and nuts), no sugar, no grains, etc.  Which brings me to conversations I usually end up being a part of:  “It doesn't matter-just eat this tiny bit” or “You aren't allowed to?”, or “It’s just one piece of cake, cookie, etc.” I am often reminded of the bible verse “Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.” 1 Corinthians 10:23 Of course I’m allowed to eat whatever I want. I’m just choosing to eat in this manner, for this time frame! Would one measly nibble of “—insert sweet product here—“ ruin me? No probably not.  But when you eat just one nibble, your judgment can often get skewed and so can your self-control.

There are so many dietary programs I recommend. One’s that are WAY less strict! I’m not wanting to lose a ton of “weight”, (although this can definitely do that) I’m wanting to strip away body fat! I will go over other diets that I like or recommend in upcoming days. (I've got to have something to talk about the next 43 days, don’t I?)

Can you guess what that is in my purse?
This is a little motivator I use. Something real and tangible. I'll fill you in tomorrow!

Is anyone on Day #1 yet? Motivated to make a small change? Sometimes the best way to start is to get in the habit of writing down your food. I’d love to hear your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment