Monday, March 18, 2013

Day #8 - Weight!


Day #8
Monday. So we meet again. I weighed in today. Rather nervous I might add, but I lost 2.5 pounds. Right on track! My goal is to lose 15 pounds (80-90% of that being FAT) and 6% Body Fat over the course of these 47 days! That should average around 1.5-3 pound weight loss per week. (The closer you get to your “goal” weight—the less weight you will probably lose each week!) A slow, steady, sustainable weight loss of 1-3 pounds/week (unless you are obese) is what you should aim for. Some people on a low carb diet often lose much more than 3 pounds the first week due to water loss.

How is your motivation? Unchanging? Wavering just a bit? If losing weight were easy---EVERYONE would look like a fitness model! Am I right or am I right?!?!? Speaking of nothing to do with being a super model (I’m getting so good at these segues)…. I was looking in the mirror at my EXTREMELY pasty white (nearly translucent) DRY, Wintery, cold Kansas skin…..hhhhmmmmm. That’s just gross. Anyway, I got out my trusty “Make me look better lotion” Now I feel much better about looking in the mirror! A little glow to your skin can make a difference on days you just feel like nothing is changing. And this stuff is top notch! Goes on nice and smooth and lasts for days! (No, I’m not getting compensated from L’OREAL…although I’m not opposed that either. Have your people call my people. Thanks.)
$8.50---Totally worth EVERY penny!

My total calories for the day are 1205. I had such a fun ZUMBA day. I taught two 55 minute classes and had a booty shakin’, shimmy lovin’, boots with the fur (with the fur) –time of my life! What a great group of ladies-we just giggle and shimmy! Good times.
I know this has been around FOREVER...but that doesn't make it any less funny!


Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories
Cream,
Breakfast
3
Tablespoons
60
Peanut Fudge Granola Bar
Breakfast
1
Each
210
Swiss Cheese
Lunch
1
Serving
80
Ground Beef, 90% Lean
Lunch
0.25
Pound
246
Guacamole, Spicy
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
54
Bacon, Cooked
Lunch
1
Piece
43
Baby Spring Mix
Lunch
3
Cups
15
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
45
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Lunch
1
Each
25
Beans, Green
Dinner
2
Cups
68
Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin
Dinner
0.5
Tablespoon
60
Chicken Breast, Skinless, Cooked
Dinner
1.5
Each
213
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Dinner
1
Each
25
Fit Frappe
Snacks
1
Scoop
60

This week on the blog I'd like to talk about several exercise options (that don't take an hour.) We will go over HIIT, 2/4 Burnout, and my own circuit workout for the month.

Who wants recipes? Or maybe eating out options? Or even a cooking demonstration? Those who know me well, know that I've ALWAYS wanted to be a game show host (or anything similar). Maybe I could get a film crew and start hosting a cooking show? That is SUPER closely related to "hosting" a game show...right? Any camera "people" out there that like to work for food?

2 comments:

  1. Today was my day 1! Ate 1347 cals, all non-processed foods and no sugar. Also got in a workout. Thanks for the motivation and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yee-Haw Amy! :) Stay strong sister! What a great 1st day! Keep up the good work!
      -Trisha

      Delete