Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day #17...What do evil chickens lay?


Day #17
Today was a fun day with my boys. I promised them after we cleaned up the house, we could go swimming at the local indoor pool. (Not bad parenting, eh?) AND, if that wasn’t enough fun, went on down to Premier Fitness!  Chad had a break in the afternoon – sssooooo, he played with the kids and I did my circuit work out! It is days like this that I feel so blessed and fortunate to have our own fitness center! Not everyone has the flexibility to let their “wild” children (and husband) run around and play while you get your work-out on…in a friendly, non-intimidating atmosphere! :P

My total calories for the day were exactly 1250! Woo-hoo!
Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories
Cream,
Breakfast
1
Tablespoon
50
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Breakfast
2
Each
50
Canadian Bacon
Breakfast
0.667
Serving
40
Egg, Hard Boiled, Whole, Large
Breakfast
1
Each
78
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled)
Lunch
5
Ounces
183
Baby Spring Mix
Lunch
2.5
Cups
13
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
45
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Lunch
1.5
Each
38
Nuts, Almonds, Slivered
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
90
Pork Chop
Dinner
6
Ounces
195
Beans, Green
Dinner
2
Cups
68
Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin
Dinner
1
Tablespoon
120
Fit Frappe
Snacks
1
Scoop
60
Cream,
Snacks
1
Tablespoon
50
Almonds, Coco Roast
Snacks
0.5
Ounce
75
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy
Snacks
1
Tablespoon
95

Tonight for dinner was one of my family’s favorites! I’m not sure if you eat pork —BUT, if you do, here is one of the best ways to prepare it!

Zesty Grilled Pork Chops!
2 Thick cut boneless pork loin chops (6oz. each) + Salt & Pepper
Marinade:
2+ TBSP Banana Peppers ( +a little of the juice)
2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
1 Packet Stevia
Pinch of Salt & pepper
1-2 TBSP Olive Oil
Blend the marinade ingredients together until pureed. Pour over pork chops and let marinade for at least one hour.  (I usually put mine in a large ziplock bag for about 1-3 hours.) Take pork chops out of marinade (shake it off a bit) and cook on grill on medium heat until it reaches an internal temp of 145-160 degrees. (about 6-8 mins each side, depending on thickness)


We ate ours with roasted green beans. Click here to see how I prepared those. (It’s the same way I prepare broccoli!)

Truth be told - I’m getting nervous about the family Easter celebration…Not because I think my children won’t find enough eggs, not because I’m scared about a family feud, not even because there will be 10 pounds of Easter candy… It’s because my Aunt makes that super scrumptious “Strawberry-Pretzel-Cream Cheese” dessert. You know the one I’m talking about… 

Well, it’s not going to get the best of me this time…I’m going to make a dinner plan and stick to it! And it’s ONLY possible because Deviled Eggs aren’t the devil on my diet! (By the way...that's what evil chickens lay!) Do you have a meal plan for Easter? It's only 4 days away?

No comments:

Post a Comment