Friday, March 15, 2013

High Five!


Day #5
FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK! I love lazy Fridays. My sweet mother-in-law just so happened to take the kiddos during the afternoon, so I got to go shopping (by myself) at my most favorite establishment….Any guesses? GOODWILL! I love it there. It's random-you never see the same thing twice. I could spend hours there. (I did, but I’m not saying how many!) Looking at everything from clothes to dresses to knick knacks! I consider it therapy. It’s cheap, effective, fun and a good day if I leave with absolutely nothing! I've mentioned before that I’m weird, right?

As far as exercise goes, I took the day off. I didn't mean to, but when I was ready to go in the morning, I had repair men at the house. So, I figured I would give it extra oomph on Saturday! 
Not true, but made me giggle!

My total calorie consumption for the day was 1165. A little low, but since I didn't do any exercise (unless you count goodwill shopping) I was ok with the total.

Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories
Egg Whites, Large
Breakfast
2
Each
50
Egg, Whole, Large
Breakfast
1
Each
78
Bacon, Cooked
Breakfast
2
Pieces
87
Cream
Breakfast
3
Tablespoons
60
Coffee, Brewed
Breakfast
16
Fluid ounces
5
Baby Spring Mix
Lunch
2
Cups
10
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Lunch
1
Each
25
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
45
Beef, Brisket, Whole, Cooked
Lunch
2
Ounces
165
Broccoli, Stmd, Chopped
Lunch
1
Cup
55
Cabbage, Shredded, Cooked
Dinner
1.5
Cups
52
Onion, Yellow, Chopped
Dinner
0.25
Cup
16
Chicken Breast, Skinless,
Dinner
1
Each
142
Peas, Green, Cooked
Dinner
0.25
Cup
34
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Dinner
2
Each
50
Soy Sauce, Low Sodium
Dinner
1
Tablespoon
5
Olive Oil
Snacks
1/3
Tablespoon
40
Coffee, Brewed
Snacks
8
Fluid ounces
2
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy
Snacks
1
Tablespoon
95
Almonds, Coco Roast
Snacks
1
Ounce
150

I made awesome Chinese food for dinner! Cabbage, onions, chicken, peas, egg whites, soy sauce, olive oil and red pepper flakes! Stir fry that up and you will be one happy camper! I just bought some sesame oil and I am anxious to use it next week on my Chinese concoction!

At this point, you might have noticed a small trend, ie. Cocoa Roasted almonds and Peanut butter. Depending on how many calories I’ve saved up at the end of the day, I love to finish my night off with that tasty treat! It’s so delicious and so satisfying!

OOOOH--I almost forgot. My tangible motivator "secret" picture from Day #4. If you guessed swimsuit, you were right! And I just got to thinkin'.... what a great excuse for you to buy a new purse...gotta have one with extra space to store the new swimsuit! Woo-hoo! Let's go shopping!
This is what you say when you are out with your friends...
"Sorry, I'm not having  "......." because I'm wearing this super hot swimsuit in 42 days!


Is anyone out there? Am I just typing into cyber-space or what? Please leave a comment below if you have made one (or more) change(s) this week! Other's might benefit from seeing your decision to jump on this 47 day challenge too! I’d love to hear from you! 

Thanks for stopping by! 
God Bless You today!
Trisha

3 comments:

  1. I have a super daily motivator but I don't keep it in my purse. Every time I am trying to figure out what to have to eat I think, "I eat that will I still be able to stop at Orange Leaf on my way home?" I'm kind of addicted so it is pretty effective. I haven't had hamburgers, chips, milk shakes, candy bars, pop, in at least two weeks. I did break down and enjoy a taco from Nancy's with my son last night BUT I also didn't have frozen yogurt on my way home!Unfortunately, I have noticed that my serving size keeps getting bigger bit by bit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tonya! At least you are planning ahead. :) If you fail to plan, you plan to fail! One trick for smaller portions- Think about each bite of Froyo- Which ones are the best? (Don't just say all of them) You'll probably find the first couple and the LAST are the best. Cut out all the middle and you will be set! ...Or just keep planning! :)

      Delete