Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day #2


Day #2
It’s Tuesday. I ALWAYS start on a Monday? Why? Because of my weirdness. No scientific reason. Just because. You should feel free to start whatever day you get your mind right. First, you get your mind right and then your BODY TIGHT!!

Not only is it Tuesday...It's "Taco Tuesday @ Trisha's!" My total calorie consumption for the day was 1243. I did fairly well…minus all the coffee and cream consumption. (In all honesty—I was so embarrassed that I almost erased it! But then I thought….that wouldn’t be very transparent, now would it?)  I did 35 minutes of high intensity circuit training today. A full body workout with no rests. VERY CHALLENGING! (for me) 

Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories

*Cream, Half & Half, Traditional
Breakfast
5
Tablespoons
100

Peanut Fudge Granola Bar
Breakfast
1
Each
210

Salad With Chicken, Greens
Lunch
1.5
Servings
353

Bacon, Cooked
Lunch
1
Piece
43

Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Lunch
1
Each
25

Guacamole, Spicy
Dinner
2
Tablespoons
54

Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded
Dinner
0.25
Cup
114

Ground Beef, 90% Lean
Dinner
3
Ounces
184

Sauce, Mild, Taco, Original
Dinner
1
Tablespoon
10

Cream, Traditional
Snacks
2
Tablespoons
40

Pickle- Dill spear
Snacks
2
Servings
0

EAS Chocolate Shake
Snacks
1
Serving
110


*I didn’t have 5 tablespoons of cream in the morning. It’s just simpler to add on tablespoons throughout the day when I have more coffee.

Weird Quirk #179 Coffee is kind of like my husband. Same man every day and yet I soooooo look forward to being with him, seeing him, talking to him! Coffee (for me) is exactly like that! I love coffee(with cream). No, I mean I really love coffee(with cream). I love it hot or iced or blended. I love that first sip in the morning. YUM!  I know it’s going to taste exactly the same way tomorrow, but I don’t care. As I sit here and think about it… It really is a good reason for me to get out of bed in the morning! There you go. All of that to say. I’m NOT, I repeat, NOT giving up coffee(with cream). It’s just not going to happen. I will gladly write down my 2, 4, 6, etc TBSP of cream everyday.  It’s not horribly detrimental to my program. It’s not horribly detrimental to my body. It’s natural. I love it! If you don’t—you get those extra calories to spend elsewhere…just not on SUGAR!

The diet I like to stick closest to is ketogenic. It’s kind of like Atkins or South Beach. It involves no sugars(or VERY, VERY few) and it allows your body to use stored fat as energy instead of glucose. In the beginning you might feel a little foggy or sluggish. (HENCE ALL THE COFFEE!) It’s ok. It will get better. It’s just your body switching over its “fuel” consumption method. If you don’t feel like hard core exercising the first week-DON’T! Just do moderate exercise or start by taking walks while your body is getting accustomed to this new process. It is highly effective and you will love the results!

One last important thing to mention: If you choose to eat this way, then you MUST stick to it! If you find yourself “cheating”, ie. Sugars, breads, grains, alcohol etc—this will NOT work. You would be better off just counting calories.  You can still follow along with me though!

BTW--Do you have any weird  unusual food quirks?

No comments:

Post a Comment