Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day #20- Slo-mo-2-fo


Day #20
Lookout! I just created a delicious recipe. (Chad is even lovin’ it too!) OK- It’s for 12 servings…Say what? I know, but these are awesome because you can freeze them and pop ‘em out and enjoy for a delicious br-lun-ner (breakfast, lunch or dinner)!

EGG MUFFIN OMLETS (No actual muffins were made or harmed while creating this recipe!)
12 Servings

Ingredients:
Pam
10 Egg Whites
5 Whole Eggs
Salt & Pepper (pinch of each)
Shredded Cheddar (12 TBSP)
Add-ins: Fresh Basil, Fresh Cilantro, Onions, Jalepenos, mushrooms, etc.

Heat oven to 350 Degrees. Beat the Egg whites, eggs and salt and pepper until they are fully combined. Ladle the egg mixture evenly into a muffin tin (12 spots) sprayed with Pam.  Throw-in your Add-ins. (A TBSP will do—make them all the same or all different- it’s up to you!) Top each “muffin” with 1 TBSP of shredded cheddar.  Bake for approx. 20 minutes.

Let cool approx. 5 minutes in tin, remove and cool completely on wire rack. Store in a zip-lock bag in your freezer- (or keep some in your fridge too- up to 5 days!) Heat and eat!

Nutrition Info:
Each Egg “Muffin”
Calories         78
Fat                4.4
Carbs            0.4
Protein             9
I guess you could buy "egg-beaters" but I find it therapeutic to separate eggs. 



That's how I ladle!

Nom, nom, nom!!!

That's right....I'm fancy! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories
Cream,
Breakfast
1
Tablespoon
50
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Breakfast
2
Each
50
Egg, Hard Boiled, Whole, Large
Breakfast
1
Each
78
Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded
Breakfast
2
Tablespoons
57
Guacamole, Spicy
Breakfast
2
Tablespoons
54
Baby Spring Mix
Lunch
2
Cups
10
Beans, Green
Lunch
1
Cup
34
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
45
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled)
Lunch
5
Ounces
183
Cheese, Brie
Lunch
0.5
Ounce
50
Baby Spring Mix
Dinner
2
Cups
10
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Dinner
2
Tablespoons
45
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled)
Dinner
5
Ounces
183
Nuts, Almonds, Slivered
Dinner
2
Tablespoons
90
Egg Muffin Omlet
Snacks
2
Each
156
Fit Frappe
Snacks
1
Scoop
60
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy
Snacks
1
Tablespoon
95






I had 1247 calories for the day and spent 30-minutes lifting weights. I believe it’s called “2/4 to failure” however, I call it “slo-mo-2-fo”.  For example, on a bicep curl, you would count to two on the way up and lower your arm for the count of 4 on the way down. Continue until you just can’t complete a full curl (failure). It’s very effective. My arms aren’t working very well while I’m typing this blog. (Just kidding—but if you see a typo, that’s why!) Try this type of workout and let me know what you think!  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe - I love things that you can make ahead of type & "grab 'n' go"! The work out sounds intense on your arms but I didn't notice any typos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! It's good to have food options "ready to go"! The workout is somewhat instense! I guess I didn't clarify, but you would do that 2/4 to failure on each muscle group! So, like on quads and triceps and abs, etc. I hope you give it a try!
    -Trisha

    ReplyDelete