Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day #30-Exercises for you to try!

WOWZA, it's been 30 days! Except for that little sna-foo on Sunday, I've been here EVERY DAY! I had an awesome HIIT workout today. I should take a before/after HIIT workout picture. Before, I'm lookin' all cute and spunky...after, I look like a drowned rat! All it takes is 20 minutes--BUT, I know my body thanks me for it! 

My total calories for the day were 1260- not too bad. And guess what- No tacos tonight. weird....woa.

Name Type Quantity Units Calories
Choc Chip Atkins Bar Breakfast 1 Serving 200
Cream, Half & Half, Traditional Breakfast 2 Tablespoons 40
Baby Spring Mix Lunch 2 Cups 10
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light Lunch 2 Tablespoons 45
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Lunch 0.333 Pound 195
Nuts, Almonds, Slivered Lunch 2 Tablespoons 90
Bacon, Cooked Lunch 1 Piece 43
Beans, Green Lunch 1 Cup 34
Baby Spring Mix Dinner 2 Cups 10
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light Dinner 2 Tablespoons 45
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Dinner 0.333 Pound 195
Nuts, Almonds, Slivered Dinner 1 Tablespoon 45
Bacon, Cooked Dinner 1 Piece 43
Beans, Green Dinner 1 Cup 34
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy Snacks 1 Tablespoon 95
Coconut, Unsweetened, Dried Snacks 2 Tablespoons 61
Almonds, Coco Roast Snacks 0.5 Ounce 75

Hey, so for today I have finally gotten some exercises put together for you: One for your lower body, upper body and abdomen! As with all NEW things, please consult your physician before starting an exercise or dietary program! 

1.5 LBT's--(Little Bun Touches)


Starting Position for LBT's.
FYI: Not the technical name (Chair squats is the technical name...but it's NOT nearly as fun to say!)
Keep your weight through your heels, bringing your "little buns" down to "TOUCH" the chair. (We aren't sitting or taking the weight off our feet. Just a quick touch of the buns.) 

Come UP half way
Go back to the chair and TOUCH your Little Buns again.
Finally, Stand up!. That's it. Repeat as rapidly as you can for 30 seconds!
Tricep Dips
Try to keep your elbows from pointing out when you lower your body down.

To protect your shoulders, try not to go past a 90 degree angle.
If you can, repeat for 30 seconds...or just start off with three sets of 12.

Modified Tricep Dips

It is easier if you bend you knees.
Once again--Try not to go past a 90 degree angle.

THE PLANK

Elbows under your shoulders, tuck your belly button to your spine,  curl your toes under and lift your body off the floor in a nice straight line. Try to hold this position for 30 seconds to a minute. It's a difficult core exercise, but OH so beneficial. Hold it as long as you can, and then try to increase as you get stronger. (If you start to feel this in your low back, really focus on your belly button  being tied to your spine.
Weak abdominal muscles often trigger low back pain. Start off slow!)

This is my "Eh?" face I gave Chad when he told me to do a punching plank.
My answer...."Shah....right..." 
I hope these exercises help! We'll do a major muscle group each day this week. I tried to select exercises that required NO special tools or very inexpensive tools. Dumbbells are almost always necessary (or at least a band.) More to come tomorrow! Until then, try these and give me your feedback!

Blessings,
Trisha

1 comment:

  1. I love that all I need is a chair to do these exercises! And who doesn't have one of those? Thanks, Trisha! :)

    ReplyDelete