Monday, April 1, 2013

Day #22 - Food, Food Everywhere!


Day #22
Six pounds in three weeks; that’s what I’ve lost. If I keep at this pace, I should hit my goal right on schedule! This is the stage it starts to get boring, monotonous and just downright tough. You know?  3 weeks of a super strict diet is very difficult. I feel the urge to start “winging” it. Not measuring, not writing things down, not planning ahead. SNAP OUT OF IT, TRISHA! Keep the focus and stay disciplined!

The next thing I think is "Self: (that's what I call myself)…You’ve still got 4 weeks left! AAAAHHH!!"

Today, my calories totaled 1208 and I did a whopping 115-minutes of Zumba! I can’t get my Monday’s right. No “real” breakfast again. SHHEEESH!! I feel so silly telling you my food everyday! But, at least one person has said that helps them with choices. SOoooo, I’ll continue to do for the next 25 days. I’m writing it down anyway, it’s just a quick cut and paste—so no, biggie. Here it is…same ol’ same ol’!

Name
Type
Quantity
Units
Calories
Cream,
Breakfast
2
Tablespoons
100
Baby Spring Mix
Lunch
2
Cups
10
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
45
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled)
Lunch
6
Ounces
220
Nuts, Almonds, Slivered
Lunch
2
Tablespoons
90
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd
Dinner
2
Each
50
Egg, Hard Boiled, Whole, Large
Dinner
1
Each
78
Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded
Dinner
2
Tablespoons
57
Guacamole, Spicy
Dinner
1
Tablespoon
27
Bacon, Cooked
Dinner
3
Pieces
130
Coconut, Unsweetened, Dried
Snacks
2
Tablespoons
61
Almonds, Coco Roast
Snacks
1
Ounce
150
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy
Snacks
2
Tablespoons
190

Have you ever noticed how nearly everything revolves around food?

“Best wishes on your marriage, Cut the Cake!”  
“So sorry for your loss, here is a casserole.”  
“Way to go Shockers, Pass the dip.”
“Congratulations on your Retirement, Cheers!” 
“Happy Easter, Merry Christmas, Happy 4th of July, Here’s some candy, cookies and a flag shaped cake!”
“Welcome to our Church, Have a donut!” 

It is never ending! It’s no wonder so many people struggle with their weight.  Food is everywhere…literally on EVERY corner. We live in a country of abundance! We have more food in our trash cans, than probably half of the world….but I digress. I say all that to point out—Since we have friends and family (which I hope you all do) you just have to know “functions” include food. Planning and moderation is the only way to navigate through all that we get to encounter! Sometimes by saying, “No thank you!” to the donut lady at church, you can say, “Yes, please!” to that slice of pizza at the Shocker party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment