Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day #32

Day #32
Can you believe we only have 15 days to go? Two-thirds of the way done! Wahoo! Which really means I get to go on vacation very soon! Since I had a "Cheat" day on Sunday, I didn't weigh in on Monday. However...I did weigh in today. 8 POUNDS LOST in 4 weeks and 4 days! Hopefully the results of that last cheat day will be apparent on Monday when I weigh in again! I can't wait for the final tally of all my inches, body fat and pounds...you know the info that is on the sticky note under my keyboard! Is that where you put yours?

Today my calories totaled 1253 of deliciousness.  I did an hour of Zumba with my "peeps" today! That was fun. :) Then I did a 25-minute intense weight-lifting circuit and 10 minutes of HIIT. (Just for fun...NOT!)

Name
Type Quantity Units Calories
Cream, Heavy Whipping Breakfast 2 Tablespoons 100
Cookies N Cream Atkins Bar Breakfast 1 Serving 180
Baby Spring Mix Lunch 2 Cups 10
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light Lunch 2 Tablespoons 45
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Lunch 0.333 Pound 195
Nuts, Almonds, Slivered Lunch 2 Tablespoons 90
Cabbage, Shredded, Cooked Dinner 0.5 Cup 17
Onion, Yellow, Chopped Dinner 0.25 Cup 16
Peas, Green, Cooked Dinner 0.125 Cup 17
Soy Sauce, Low Sodium Dinner 2 Tablespoons 10
Oil, Sesame Dinner 0.25 Tablespoon 30
Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin Dinner 0.5 Tablespoon 60
Nuts, Almonds, Slivered Dinner 1 Tablespoon 45
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Dinner 4 Ounces 147
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd Dinner 1 Each 25
Fit Frappe Snacks 1 Scoop 60
Coconut, Unsweetened, Dried Snacks 2 Tablespoons 61
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy Snacks 1 Tablespoon 95
Almonds, Coco Roast Snacks 0.333 Ounce 50


How about some more exercises? This first one might be one you know of already! 

This is called a Bicycle. It's a great exercise for your entire abdomen! What you want to really focus on is actually touching your elbow to your opposite knee. It engages more of your obliques.
  I always say, "Hi Right Knee....I'm the Left Elbow--Nice to meet you."
True Story. Seriously. Ask my clients.

Continue to alternate (like you're pedaling a bicycle) for 30 seconds at a time.
 This next exercise is an upper/lower combination. You might select a light weight for this (like 5lbs) as we are going to use our shoulders and triceps.
Start standing with your feet a little more than should width apart.  (Dumbbells in hand!)

Squat down, keeping the majority of your weight through your heels. (Keep your chin up!)

Stand back up pressing your hands up and over your head (working your shoulders here).

Once your hands make it to the top-focus on keeping your elbows facing the front.

Slowly lower your hands back
Raise your hands back up (working your triceps--remember to keep you elbows stationary.)
Finally bring your hands back down beside your side! That was ONE. Repeat 15 times.
Try to make this all in one controlled fluid movement.

I hope you enjoy trying these exercises. I look forward to your feedback. How many new exercises have you learned in the last few days?

No comments:

Post a Comment