Monday, April 8, 2013

OOPS! Day #29


No need to call the missing persons unit…I am BACK! I had to take yesterday off writing. Not that I don’t love you peeps…I DO! I just had 945,367 things to do this weekend and I couldn’t finish my blog. (Sometimes you’ve got to pick and choose, you know?) 

I got all my exercise pics taken, just waiting on the edit and then I can post them for y’all!

As far as my diet goes, I finished up my cheat day yesterday by cooking for over 35 people! I AM TIRED! Today I had about 1220 calories. I made a change to my typical Monday morning--I actually snagged a couple of those Egg "muffins" on my way to work! (Good thing about keeping a food log: When you write down your food, and review it, you realize you have a sneaky issue with forgetting breakfast on Monday mornings!) And for my exercise, I ended up only having one Zumba class, which was just fine for this tired body! 

Name Type Quantity Units Calories
Cream, Half & Half, Traditional Breakfast 4 Tablespoons 80
Egg Muffin bake Breakfast 2 Each 156
Beef, Flank Steak, Lean, Cooked Lunch 3 Ounces 165
Baby Spring Mix Lunch 2 Cups 10
Beans, Green Lunch 1 Cup 34
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light Lunch 1 Tablespoon 23
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd Dinner 2 Each 50
Egg, Hard Boiled, Whole, Large Dinner 1 Each 78
Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded Dinner 2 Tablespoons 57
Guacamole, Spicy Dinner 2 Tablespoons 54
Bacon, Cooked Dinner 4 Pieces 173
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy Snacks 2 Tablespoons 190
Almonds, Coco Roast Snacks 1 Ounce 150

I also co-write our weekly fitness newsletter and it went out today—Let me share a portion of that with you right now! Some of these I know I’ve mentioned before, this is just a concise recap!

10 Quick Fitness Tips
1) Have a clear goal that anyone in the world can measure and understand.

2) Decrease/eliminate simple carbs. They do nothing for you outside of creating a favorable environment for gaining fat. 

3) Eat more veggies. They fill you up, without providing many calories. Just avoid the high fat/high calorie dressings. 

4) Lift weights. Build more muscle, burn more calories. 

5) Cut down rest time between sets. This will keep your heart rate elevated causing an increase in calories burned.

6) Do intervals. No more strolls through the park. Study after study after study continues to show intervals are more effective (and in less time). And physically just look at the body of a sprinter vs. the body of a marathoner.

7) Eat more protein. Replacing refined carbohydrates with lean protein will not only help satiate you, but will also increase your metabolism, through something called the thermic effect of food. 

8) Supplement with fish oil. A study published in Lipids fed mice diets enhanced EPA and DHA (fish oil). The researchers learned that the mice fed diets higher in omega-3 fats had significantly less accumulation of body fat. Other studies have shown similar results. 

9) Self monitor. Keep a journal. There's no better way to track what you're putting in your mouth. 

10) Weigh and measure foods. You won't know how much you're eating unless you pull out the food scale, measuring cups and spoons.

I'll be back tomorrow and I hope you will too! And remember...
Remind your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment