Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day #39- 1 Pound of Fat=3500 calories

"What are you going to do when you get back from your vacation?" ---I was asked today.  Well, Plan 2 begins. Remember on DAY #1 (that was a long time ago) I said I can only focus 100% for about 6-8 weeks? Well, my 6 weeks and 5 days is coming to a close and I am a bit worn out! My "lean-out" cycle is almost complete.  So, what's next? Plan 2 will come into full effect!

Plan 2 is much easier (for me) than my current program. Here is what I do: I add fruit and other complex carbohydrates back into my diet. I eat balanced meals and snacks (protein, veggies and complex carbohydrates). I continue working out 3-5 days per week (at least 3 days of strength training). I weigh in weekly. That's it!

If during my weekly weigh-in, I go up more than 5 pounds (from my lowest weight), I start keeping a journal of my food again. (I keep the plan 2 content, but just be more conscious of quantity.) TIP: One Pound of Fat=3500 Calories. When you are trying to lose weight, you are actually trying to create a calorie deficit. Your body burns calories daily just doing it's normal functions (breathing, bathing, walking, sleeping, muscle recovery, etc). When you exercise, it burns more calories!  Let's just say you eat 500 fewer calories each day for a week, you'll lose about one pound of fat (500 calories x 7 days = 3,500 calories). So on the bright side of things....when you are trying to maintain your current weight you don't have to create a deficit! (You can eat the amount of calories it takes your body to function on a daily basis.) The catchy part is not eating too many! (I use my weekly weigh-ins as a monitor.)

That was my horrible science lessen for the day. Did it make any sense?

CHANGE OF TOPIC... I had a little girly time!! (I don't get much of that, what with being surrounded by dudes all the time!) I went to Fresh Spa Market and got a GEL Pedicure!---That polish is staying for at least 2 weeks (even in the sun and sand)! I love it there!
I usually ONLY get a french manicure on my toes...I was being adventurous!
The picture doesn't do my HOT PINK toenails justice!
Fun day of Zumba and some intense strength training! (I've have tried on my outfits for vacation and everything is fitting so lovely! I'm excited!) My total calories for the day were around 1150, maybe I should have one more TBSP of peanut butter before bed....

Name Type Quantity Units Calories
Cream,  Breakfast 2 Tablespoons 100
Cookies N Cream Atkins Bar Breakfast 1 Serving 180
Baby Spring Mix Lunch 2 Cups 10
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light Lunch 2 Tablespoons 45
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Lunch 0.333 Pound 195
Nuts, Almonds, Slivered Lunch 2 Tablespoons 90
Beans, Green Lunch 1 Cup 34
chicken salad Dinner 1 Serving 123
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd Dinner 1 Each 25
Egg, Hard Boiled, Whole, Large Dinner 1 Each 78
Baby Spring Mix Dinner 2 Cups 10
Cucumber, Fresh, Med Dinner 1 Cup 16
Almonds, Coco Roast Snacks 1 Ounce 150
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy Snacks 1 Tablespoon 95

Be sure to send in those success stories!
Blessings,
Trisha

No comments:

Post a Comment