Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day #41--Mathematician Magician.

Random thought of the day....(For those of you over 30) Remember when your math teacher told you that you had to memorize all your multiplication tables and learn LONG division and stay inside on recess because you still didn't have it all figured out and that it wasn't like you were going to have a calculator in you pocket (or hand) all the time whenever you needed one.....WRONG! I'd love to go right up to Mrs. XYZ with my trusty I-Phone and say "BAM-In Yo Face-a!" But I won't...

Today my total calories were 1231. I didn't work out, my body needed a bit of a rest today. SO MUCH STRESS lately. Did I mention I did taxes a week ago. Whew...I need at least a 2 week recovery period after taxes-THEY CONSUME ME! (Actually, I wish they did consume some of me, I feel like I'm struggling to lose those last few pounds.)

Name Type Quantity Units
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd Breakfast 2 Each
Egg, Hard Boiled, Whole, Large Breakfast 1 Each
Cream,  Breakfast 2 Tablespoons
Bacon, Cooked Lunch 4 Pieces
Baby Spring Mix Lunch 2 Cups
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Lunch 4 Ounces
Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded Lunch 1 Tablespoon
Pea Pods, Sugar Snap, Whole Lunch 0.5 Cup
Bacon, Cooked Dinner 1 Piece
Baby Spring Mix Dinner 2 Cups
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Dinner 6 Ounces
Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded Dinner 1 Tablespoon
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light Dinner 1 Tablespoon
Cucumber, Fresh, Med Dinner 1 Cup
Fit Frappe Snacks 1 Scoop
Almonds, Coco Roast Snacks 1 Ounce
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy Snacks 1.5 Tablespoons

How many pounds do you need to lose to get to a desired Percent Body Fat? I have another Math Equation for you! Yippee! First we have to figure our Lean Body Mass (LBM- Which consists of everything except fat: bones, muscle, organs, etc.) Remember yesterday we figured "Pounds of Fat" if you weigh 150 pounds and your Body Fat is 30%, then you have 45 pounds of fat (150 x .30 = 45 pounds of fat). Now we just subtract that number from our actual weight (150 - 45 = 105 Pounds LBM). Now that you know your lean body mass, you take your desired body fat ( say 24%) and subtract it from 1. So, 1 -.24=.76. (Bear with me, I know---LOTS of MATH! You can do it though, trust me. Take your time! Nobody is watching you get out your calculator, just do it!) Take that number (.76) and divide by your LBM (105) . 105 divided by .76= 138 lbs. So, all that to say, you would need to only lose about 12lbs of fat in order to be at 24% body fat and 138lbs. I hope you find this helpful. I also hope all of my math is correct.




No comments:

Post a Comment