Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day #37 - 10 Days from the end.

Some days it's a struggle. A struggle to say "No" to things I really want or to say "Yes" to things I don't. Life is a funny balance between what we need (or think we need) versus what might be good for us.  Not only that, but knowing what is right for your body, (or at least acceptable) and what marketing companies are just trying to make you believe. Does anyone else struggle with trying to decipher the good, the bad and the ugly? Or is it just me?

People often ask me if I'm as strict with my children's food as I am mine. ie.--Do I give my children sugar?
UUUmmmmm....YES.  I do. Sue me.  
I try my best to teach them about moderation (except on birthdays) and the importance of eating healthy foods. But they are kids. I do give them sugar (hence the 6-tier giant cookie cake with M&M's for Roman's Birthday). I know I tend to overdue things a bit...however, I want my kids to feel SUPER-DUPER-UPER Special on their birthday. I'm so thankful for them and the day they were born; and I guess a special cake is one of the ways I show them. (Kisses and snuggles and playtime are other ways!)

(I'm not sure where all that came from....maybe a little ramble to get you to see that AWESOME cookie cake I made! WOWZA! I used coconut oil in my icing too--yummy delish!)

Anywho- today I was back on track. Cake temptation has left the building. My total calorie intake for the day was 1211. One of my new favorite snacks is raw broccoli and spicy guacamole. If you would have asked me five minutes ago to eat RAW broccoli, I would have laughed (ha-ha-ha) in your face! But dipping it in guacamole is an absolutely fantastic combination! Go figure. 

Name Type Quantity Units Calories
Egg Whites, Large,  Breakfast 2 Each 50
Egg, Hard Boiled, Whole, Large Breakfast 1 Each 78
Cream,  Breakfast 2 Tablespoons 40
Bacon, Cooked Lunch 4 Pieces 173
Baby Spring Mix Lunch 2 Cups 10
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Lunch 4 Ounces 147
Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded Lunch 1 Tablespoon 28
Pea Pods, Sugar Snap, Whole Lunch 0.5 Cup 13
Bacon, Cooked Dinner 1 Piece 43
Baby Spring Mix Dinner 2 Cups 10
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Dinner 6 Ounces 220
Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded Dinner 1 Tablespoon 28
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light Dinner 1 Tablespoon 23
Cucumber, Fresh, Med Dinner 1 Cup 16
Fit Frappe Snacks 1 Scoop 60
Almonds, Coco Roast Snacks 1 Ounce 150
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy Snacks 1.5 Tablespoons 143

Just to recap: Our family doesn't have dessert every night. We don't have dessert every other night... But we do "DO" Birthdays!

Blessings!
Trisha

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome cake. How did it "leave the premises" in just a few short days? I wasn't even there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Well, The some of the cake is actually still here--My temptation for it has left the building!

    ReplyDelete