Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day #42


Day #42-Sunday
My last five days remain. I don’t actually plan on leaving the blog scene after my journey. I hope to continue teaching, motivating and sharing my health and fitness journey with you. I can tell you that I won’t post daily. There was a crazy girl in my head when I said I would do that…it’s very time-consuming. But, I do hope to post at least weekly!

Many people ask when my next “race” is. UUuummm YUCK- I hate running. (No offense to all my runner friends- more power to you!) So then I was thinking about maybe trying to train for some kind of running event, but then I was like…uuummmm no. I was looking at pictures of runners and something very interesting came to my attention. Have you ever looked at the difference between the body of a marathon runner and the body of a sprinter? The sprinter’s physique is much more toned and definitely has more muscle. (Please understand, I don’t want to look like an olympic sprinter; just more like a sprinter than a L O N G distance runner.) So, no marathons for me…for now. I feel like I do more sprints during my HIIT workout anyway- did you know HIIT for periods of 20-30 minutes produces more fat burning potential during and after the workout than running for over an hour!
Go HIIT yourself. I wish I would’ve done that today…busy, busy, busy.

Name Type Quantity Units Calories
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd Breakfast 2 Each 50
Egg, Whole, Large Breakfast 1 Each 78
Cream,  Breakfast 2 Tablespoons 40
Cheese, Cheddar, Shredded Breakfast 1 Tablespoon 28
Guacamole, Spicy Breakfast 2 Tablespoons 54
chicken salad Lunch 1 Serving 123
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd Lunch 1 Each 25
Egg, Whole, Large Lunch 1 Each 78
Baby Spring Mix Lunch 2 Cups 10
Cucumber, Fresh, Med Lunch 1 Cup 16
Fish, Tilapia, Cooked Dinner 6 Ounces 219
Beans, Green Dinner 1 Cup 34
Baby Spring Mix Dinner 2.5 Cups 13
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light Dinner 2 Tablespoons 45
Cucumber, Fresh, Med Dinner 1 Cup 16
Fit Frappe Snacks 2 Scoops 120
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy Snacks 1 Tablespoon 95
Almonds, Coco Roast Snacks 1 Ounce 150

My total calories for the day was 1192. No HIIT today, but ZUMBA tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

  1. I started to try to broach this subject in our "Group" one day but just couldn't find the words to make it make sense. I think I need to stop with the running and go back to some lifting.

    ReplyDelete