Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day 35- To Supplement or not to Supplement?

Supplements. Many people ask me how I feel about supplements. Do I take them? Do I recommend them? Do I sell them? Do I want to buy yours?

Here is my personal opinion: Supplements are just that -- Supplements. I like to think they supplement your discipline. They do not supply your discipline. Every pill, powder, potion and drink all claim "miracles" to change your life. Supplements don't change your life-your habits change your life. I usually ask myself,  "Self, are you going to take these supplements the rest of your life?" Most of the people's results you see from supplement companies are a select few who have succeeded out of the hundreds of thousands of people who have tried and failed.

If you take a supplement, you STILL have to do the work. I don't know anyone who takes a magic pill and eats 3000 calories and then loses weight. You must put forth the effort and make a change to your lifestyle. A sustainable change. Learn your body, learn about what you can do and then do THAT! You know yourself better than anyone (or at least I hope so) figure out what works for you. If you think nothing works, you might need to change your attitude first and then change your priorities!

So...all that to say Yes, Yes, Yes, and NO! Yes, I take a protein supplement. It's difficult for me to consume enough protein throughout the day. Yes, I recommend supplements and yes we sell them! We recommend mostly health supplements like omega-3's, protein, multi-vitamins, etc. We believe supplements like these will help fill in the gaps!  We sell them because we like to make it easy on our clients and friends! We've done the research and found a reputable company that uses top notch ingredients. Annnnnd....NO! Currently I'm not interested in "the next best thing", "the cure all", "the best way to lose fat", etc, etc, etc. (99.9% of all those supplements are a multi-level marketing nightmare, that frankly I don't have time for....not to rain on ANYONE'S parade! Continue selling--just not to me!)

Today my calories totaled 1218. The days have seemed sooooo long lately! I'm sure it's because my coffee consumption has been drastically reduced--That can't be good! :)

Name Type Quantity Units Calories
Cream,  Breakfast 1 Tablespoon 50
Choc Chip Atkins Bar Breakfast 0.5 Serving 100
chicken salad Lunch 1 Serving 123
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd Lunch 1 Each 25
Egg, Hard Boiled, Whole, Large Lunch 1 Each 78
Baby Spring Mix Lunch 2 Cups 10
Pea Pods, Sugar Snap, Whole Lunch 0.5 Cup 13
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Dinner 0.25 Pound 147
Egg, Hard Boiled, Whole, Large Dinner 1 Each 78
Baby Spring Mix Dinner 2 Cups 10
Beans, Green Dinner 1 Cup 34
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light Dinner 2 Tablespoons 45
Bacon, Cooked Dinner 1 Piece 43
Egg Whites, Large, Ckd Dinner 2 Each 50
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy Snacks 1.5 Tablespoons 143
Fit Frappe Snacks 2 Scoops 120
Almonds, Coco Roast Snacks 1 Ounce 150
Pickle- Dill spear Snacks 2 Servings 0


Does anyone know what tomorrow is? Here is a hint: it's one of my favorite days of the year!





No comments:

Post a Comment