Friday, April 12, 2013

Day #33 - Impulse

33 Days!

I can't believe the journey I've been on over the last month. It hasn't been the easiest, let me tell you! So many "stressers" to send me over the edge....But I try to just take a deep breath (drink lots of coffee) and press on! 

I meant to tell you this small celebration I had yesterday. I was out with Roman and we were driving home and the sun was shining and it was just a beautiful afternoon! I thought to myself--"What a great day for an ice cream cone!" (Of course with children-you never say those words out loud unless you are in the drive thru.) Anyway-after that thought entered my mind, I could NOT get it out! I wanted an ice cream cone so badly. Just a delightful little soft serve....full of sugar. I had a talk with myself and my will power won. It's very difficult to deprive yourself--especially when treats are so easily attainable. But I know the rules and the way the body works. I'll save myself for ice cream / frozen yogurt for my cruise....they have it 24/7 you know!?!?

I compare eating and shopping a lot. Both are necessary, but if not monitored they can become impulsive. If you have budget in place and you are getting ready to make an impulsive spending decision--your budget and plan should flash up in your mind. Kind of like an internal monitor that dings LOUDLY in your head! Just like with your diet; if I'm getting ready to eat something that isn't on the plan, I automatically STOP, DROP, and STEP AWAY. I give myself a minute to think through what is actually happening and hopefully avoid a mistake. It takes a while to develop that "monitor", but it is O SO HELPFUL! (For your finances and your figure!)

Name Type Quantity Units Calories
Cream,  Breakfast 1 Tablespoon 50
Choc Chip Atkins Bar Breakfast 1 Serving 200
Baby Spring Mix Lunch 2 Cups 10
Balsamic Vinaigrette - Light Lunch 2 Tablespoons 45
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Lunch 0.333 Pound 195
Nuts, Almonds, Slivered Lunch 2 Tablespoons 90
Baby Spring Mix Dinner 2 Cups 10
Chicken Fillets (Mesquite Grilled) Dinner 0.333 Pound 195
Salad Dressing, Real Mayonnaise Dinner 1 Tablespoon 97
Cheese, Mozzarella, Whole Milk, Slice Dinner 1 Ounce 85
Peanut Butter, Natural, Creamy Snacks 1.5 Tablespoons 143
Coconut, Unsweetened, Dried Snacks 4 Tablespoons 12
Today I had a total of 1242 calories and did a great 25-minute circuit workout and 20 minutes of HIIT! Have you tried one HIIT workout yet? Check back tomorrow for more exercises! 

No comments:

Post a Comment